loom alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Algorithms and Data structures" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of loom or a related project?
Loom is a set of basic CRDT's that are designed to be composable and extensible. We include support for delta-CRDT's (δ-CRDT's) where it makes sense.
In order to combat issues with large objects, δ-CRDT's are supported for some datatypes. You can extract deltas from delta-CRDT's, and periodically clear them out from your datastructures to reduce memory constraints.
What the heck is a CRDT?
Conflict-free, Coordination-free, Commutative, or Convergent datatypes, CRDT's are usually formally described as "join semi-lattices". Mathematical jargon aside, CRDT's track causality for modifications to your data. Because of this, time becomes less relevant, and coordination becomes unnecessary to get accurate values for your data.
Can you give me an example of one?
I will have a simple explanation here for a basic gcounter and a pncounter.
For now, I can simply point you to the GCounter code in here.
Where can I learn more?
- Strong Eventual Consistency and Conflict-free Replicated Data Types
- A good introduction to the concept of CRDTs: http://research.microsoft.com/apps/video/default.aspx?id=153540&r=1
- A comprehensive study of Convergent and Commutative Replicated Data Types
- A survey with references for several popular CRDTs: http://hal.inria.fr/docs/00/55/55/88/PDF/techreport.pdf
- Efficient State-based CRDTs by Delta-Mutation
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the loom README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.