RIG alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Frameworks" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of RIG or a related project?
RIG - Reactive Interaction Gateway
The missing link between backend and frontend -- stop polling and go real-time!
What does it solve?
- Let RIG take care of client connection state so you don't have to.
- Send events to RIG and have them forwarded to clients based on their event subscriptions.
- Use RIG to forward client requests to backend services.
Built on open standards, RIG is very easy to integrate – and easy to replace – which means low-cost, low-risk adoption. Unlike other solutions, RIG does not leak into your application – no libraries or SDKs required.
For more details take a look at the documentation.
- Easy to use and scalable by design:
- Supports tens of thousands stable connections per node even on low-end machines.
- Easy to add additional nodes.
- Built on the battle-proven Erlang/OTP distribution model.
- Only uses in-memory data structures - no external dependencies to configure or scale.
- Firewall friendly and future proof using Server-Sent Events (SSE):
- HTML5 standard.
- Regular HTTP requests, so no issues with proxy servers or firewalls.
- Connection multiplexing with HTTP/2 out of the box.
- SSE implementation (browser) keeps track of connection drops and restores the connection automatically.
- Polyfills available for older browsers.
- WebSocket connections are supported, too.
- HTTP long polling for situations where SSE and WS are not supported.
- Uses the upcoming CloudEvents specification.
- Flexible event subscription model based on event types.
- Use existing services for authentication and authorization of users and subscriptions.
- JWT signature verification for APIs as a simple authentication check.
- Session blacklist with immediate session invalidation.
Take a look at the getting-started tutorial.
RIG exposes its API documentation on its API endpoint under /swagger-ui. For integration into an existing swagger UI, the related JSON document can either be retrieved at runtime or [found on disk](./priv/static/rig_api_swagger.json) after compiling RIG at least once.
RIG exposes Metrics in Prometheus format on its API endpoint under [/metrics](http:localhost:4010/metrics)
- Use issues for everything.
- For a small change, just send a PR.
- For bigger changes open an issue for discussion before sending a PR.
- PR should have:
- Test case
- Documentation (e.g., moduledoc, developer's guide, operator's guide)
- Changelog entry
- You can also contribute by:
- Reporting issues
- Suggesting new features or enhancements
- Improve/fix documentation
See the developer's guide and [CONTRIBUTING.md](./CONTRIBUTING.md) for details.
The Reactive Interaction Gateway (patent: granted) is licensed under the Apache License 2.0 - see [LICENSE](LICENSE) for details.
The Reactive Interaction Gateway is sponsored and maintained by Accenture.
Kudos to these awesome projects:
- Phoenix Framework
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the RIG README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.