elixir-on-docker alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Deployment" category.
Alternatively, view elixir-on-docker alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of elixir-on-docker or a related project?
Elixir on Docker
Quickly get started developing clustered Elixir applications for cloud environments.
This project template provides a set of sensible defaults for a new application designed to be cloud native. It includes:
- A main service
www, this serves the main content offered by your application.
- Secure HTTP/2 content delivery with Ace web server.
- Code reloading in development environment using ExSync.
- Automatic clustering. Setup for docker-cloud other environments coming soon.
- Web based metrics, monitoring and observing with Wobserver.
- Documentation driven development with Raxx.ApiBlueprint.
- Integration test suit running from the
To use this template docker and docker-compose need to be installed on your machine.
Clone this repository
Change project-name to your projects name.
git clone <url> <project-name> cd <project-name>
Delete git history.
rm -r .git
docker-compose run --rm www mix deps.get
All mix tasks for a service can be run this way, such as tests for a single service.
Run all services
-d to run in the background.
--build to ensure images are rebuilt.
docker-compose down to stop all services.
- HTTP endpoint available at: http://localhost:8080/
- HTTPs endpoint available at: https://localhost:8443/
- Wobserver dashboard available at: http://localhost:4001/
Run integration tests
docker-compose \ -f docker-compose.yml \ -f docker-compose-test.yml \ run integration /bin/bash -c "mix deps.get; mix test"
-f flag specifies a compose file to use when starting services.
Attach iex session
docker ps # Find container-id to attach to. docker exec -it <container-id> sh bin/debug # in iex shell iex([email protected]<hostname>)1> Node.connect(:"[email protected]<hostname>")